Environmentalists have promoted the theory that human civilization is the main cause of global warming. They argue that Governments worldwide must take immediate drastic action to prevent a catastrophe. The chain of proof in their human-caused climate catastrophe theory is broken in at least six places:
All links in the chain from Theory to Proof are broken.
.. Only a High-Intellect Twit (HITwit), a person who is smart in some academic domain but quite foolish otherwise, could come up with and believe all these fallacies!
Each of the above statements has a germ of truth that gives a patina of scientific validity to the argument, but none of them can stand close examination.
- Environmental fallacy #1: Scientists have an accurate measure of warming since 1880.
- Environmental fallacy #2: Human activities, primarily fossil fuels, are the main cause.
- Environmental fallacy #3: Scientists can accurately predict future warming scenarios.
- Environmental fallacy #4: Human-caused warming will lead to an environmental disaster.
- Environmental fallacy #5: “Green” energy and conservation can replace most fossil fuel.
- Environmental fallacy #6: Therefore, the Government must mandate and subsidize “green” energy to save our Planet.